CNN of course, completely misses the point of the entire presentation. They focus on the lamest parts of the presentation instead of on the real meat of the presentation.
CNN focuses on the advertising aspects of what he said, completely missing the part about mobile phones being the primary gateway to the internet for a lot of people in emerging economies.
Seeing as how Carlos Slim Helu (owner of Telefonos de Mexico) just unseated Bill Gates as the richest person on the planet, methinks that there may be something to this whole “mobile phones are big now thing.”
The highlights are:
- Mobile computing is growing 8x faster than desktop computing
- Half of all new internet connections worldwide occur on mobile devices
- People use their phones for more than just voice, voice is almost a secondary function of the phone
- The Google Nexus 1 has a 1 Ghz processor
- 1 out of every 6 minutes online is spent on a social network
- From the dawn of time to 2003, 5 exabytes of information was produced, now it takes 2 days to produce the same amount of data. In 2013, it’s projected to be 669 exabytes of data per day.
The future is mobile.
Cloud computing is the new model.
What do you think about all this?